Defense Acquisition University (DAU) provides ongoing technology, logistics, and acquisitions training to military personnel. DAU is under the US Department of Defense.
DAU engaged LAC Group to lead the development and population of 27 websites, each covering individual weapons systems, using licensed and public domain resources.
Process and outcome
DAU engaged LAC Group through the Library of Congress FEDLINK program. The project team’s work included:
- Gathering data from a variety of resources including news reports, legislative records, and other unclassified government information.
- Working with DAU to create websites similar in construction, design, and content sources to minimize learning curves and leverage the sites’ intuitive nature.
- Each website was populated with aggregated content, further identified and enhanced with subject terms.
- Reference librarians responsible for the catalog and classifying documents.
- Assignment of Library of Congress subject headings, DAU taxonomy terms and lifecycle position.
LAC Group delivered 27 fully functional websites in less than 12 weeks.