LAC research & intelligence services
Research services for competitive intelligence and other enterprise information needs
For professional-grade research and analysis that’s flexible, reliable and economical, turn to LAC Group. Our information professionals have the same experience and credentials you would seek out and hire yourself. They can support your research team or become your research department, available when you need them—including extended business hours—working virtually or at your location. Get started in days with agreed-upon terms and service levels—no recruiting, training or other HR and operational requirements.
Information is everywhere, intelligence is harder to find
- Utilizing your preferred information resources and adding our own sources, we enable you to focus on what’s important, without getting bogged down in irrelevant noise.
- Our briefings, reports and alerts are curated for actionable Intelligence and formatted for relevance and understanding.
- We’re people-led and client-directed, collecting and contextualizing what you need to know in alignment with your strategy and plans.
Maximize your information resources and investments
Tools like content aggregators, current awareness platforms and media monitoring services cast a wide net. The curation and analysis skills of our research analysts will help you leverage those systems without being overwhelmed or paralyzed by the volume. Our clients rely on us to ease the burden of meeting rapidly changing, mission-critical needs of the information-driven economy.
Research services for law
The information needs in today’s legal industry have become more varied and complex. While case law and other legal research remains a mission-critical need, medium-to-large law firms are facing new information demands:
- Competitive and market intelligence
- Subject matter expertise
- Regulatory compliance across multiple levels and locations
- Current awareness, emerging developments and trends
A more competitive legal landscape and cost-recovery obstacles have resulted in limited support staff and leaner operations overall, compelling more firms and legal departments to turn to alternative solutions like LAC Group’s research and intelligence services.
Research services for business
When your information needs outstrip your information resources, turn to LAC Group for support. We allow you to select the service level that meets your financial and operational needs, from a little help to managing it for you:
- Competitive and market intelligence research and analysis
- Copyright and other intellectual property research
- M&A due diligence and other financial research
- Regulatory and legislative research
- Social media research
Many corporations arm their employees with an internet connection and Google, expecting them to do much of their own research, but that has limitations: Google doesn’t always reveal the most timely or reliable information, and internet research can quickly lead to productivity-draining activities and leave company IT resources vulnerable to malware and other risks. LAC Group offers trusted, reliable support for all your information needs.
Research services for government
Our accredited library and information science professionals deliver expertise in research, reference, and other tasks in support of federal agency goals, missions, skill gaps and staffing constraints:
- Experienced responses to complex reference questions
- Methodical literature searches
- Metadata creation and management to enhance information access and discovery
- Citation metrics and other bibliometrics analysis
We draw from an extensive pool of researchers, librarians and information specialists to cover any knowledge and information management needs, in physical and digital formats.