If bringing costs down (or keeping them from going much higher) is your objective for managing digital and print subscriptions, you’ve come to the right place. LAC Group is the information management leader, and that includes managing spend for competitive intelligence, legal research, business and financial research, current awareness and other knowledge and intelligence needs.
How LAC Group reduces library and information center expenses
Maximizing vendor relationships
LAC Group manages vendor relationships and their performance against contracts for pricing, service levels (SLAs), key performance indicators (KPIs) and other negotiated terms and conditions.
Evaluating trend data
LAC Group evaluates historical pricing and trend data based on best practices and comprehensive benchmarking data across various organizations and industries.
LAC Group examines new and established information resources, user preferences and other considerations to identify savings opportunities that can improve your bottom line.
Paying less for LexisNexis, Westlaw and other subscriptions
Enterprise access to information services from companies like RELX, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, Wolters Kluwer and others can get costly fast. While they are mission-critical, the way they are evaluated, selected and implemented in large organizations is often wasteful thanks to decision-making siloes, personal preferences, fragmented utilization and other factors.
LAC Group takes a methodical approach to jumping these hurdles and reducing indirect spend for research expenses, starting with an initial analysis and continuing with ongoing support:
- Review of several months of utilization data such as gross usage, monthly guarantees, questionable usage, content exclusions and more.
- Reporting of our findings, analysis and suggestions for possible revisions and savings strategies.
- Support during the negotiation process such as monitoring and comparing needs, usage and invoicing; creating executive talking points; suggested language revisions.
- Post-contract support for the duration of the contract life cycle including detailed monitoring and reporting of usage, contract performance, monthly guarantees and more.
Adding research procurement value
- Identifying content overlap or duplication within the organization.
- Evaluating information vendors, technologies and services across a growing and diverse spectrum of options.
- Benchmarking your information expenses to determine if you’re spending more or less than your competitors.
- Exploring pricing options that would be more flexible and favorable.
- Ensuring contracts are in alignment with your industry.
Large law firm
We only get paid when you save
Our contingency-based pricing means our services pay for themselves. We only engage with clients when the savings potential is great enough to increase your bottom line with a small portion to pay our fees.
The holistic, managed services approach of LAC Group
- Every client engagement begins with an assessment of your operational and financial concerns, goals and objectives.
- We work with the staff and systems you have in place.
- Our programs and services are structured on a spectrum that ranges from “help us manage” to “manage for us” based on your needs and circumstances.
Can we help you control your research and information costs?
As a provider of managed services and leaders in library and information management, consider LAC Group a reliable partner and guide for optimizing your research and information investments. Let us know your operational and financial concerns and we’ll let you know how we can help you manage and reduce your company’s expenses for research and other library and information service expenses.