Services that are reliable and affordable
Low costs and high value can be a tough combination. But in today’s competitive legal markets, when research expenses are no longer routinely billable, this elusive combination has become a necessity.
For savings that don’t sacrifice results, look to Library as a Service® (LaaS) from LAC Group.
Our LaaS delivery platform is flexible and streamlined for results that are accurate, responsive and economical. It was developed over years of experience, including law firm relationships that are now decades-long.
Primary authority research
Our legal researchers are accustomed to fulfilling regular requests for targeted case law, as well as statutory and regulatory research to find support and treatment for both general and discrete issues. Routine access to legal data sources enables us to work with speed and efficiency, saving you both time and money.
Information providers available
In addition to leveraging the expertise of our professional researchers in the use of publicly available resources, LAC Group maintains contracts with the independent information providers below. Through the use of trilateral non-disclosure agreements with our clients and their information providers, we are also happy to use client resources in the interests of transparency, cost-efficiency and predictable pricing.
- D&B Hoovers – Business information and news
- Los Angeles Law Library – Primary and secondary materials – provides access to:
- Hein Online – Primary and secondary legal materials
- FastCase – Primary and secondary legal materials
- InfoTrac – Academic journals and general magazines
- LLMC – Primary and secondary materials in digital archive
- SmartRules – Federal and state court materials
- Wolters Kluwer – Law & Business – Through Intelliconnect, provides access to a limited range of tax, M&A, and general corporation materials.
- FastCase – Primary legal materials
- Westlaw – Primary, secondary, and practice-related legal and business materials
- Monitor Suite – Litigation profiles
- TLOxp – Public records
- PACER – Dockets
- Manzama – Newsletter creation and curation; Alerting
- ReprintsDesk – Document delivery
- PitchBook – Venture capital, private equity, M&A
Secondary authority research
Our legal researchers excel at finding treatises, law reviews and other sources for both widely covered and new areas of the law, with experience across a diverse range of practice areas.
Tell us your need for investigative or supporting information and our information sleuths will find it with creative research savvy. Social media, financial data, product and industry news and public records are just a few of the sources we comb, without getting sidetracked or lost in the process!
LAC Group is a company with 30-year roots, founded as a law library staffing business. We have grown and evolved with our law firm clients and colleagues to develop the services and support they need to compete in today’s global markets. We continue to innovate and develop best practices to position them for tomorrow’s opportunities.