LAC Group manages separate, climate-controlled vaults for film elements and magnetic media, including videotape and sound recordings. Your media assets are carefully entered into our inventory management system with all available metadata and scanned into location to one of our state-of-the-art film vaults, in a tightly-controlled environment to safeguard and protect your collection against adverse elements and threats.
Film inspection clean room
Hand inspections and repairs are performed in a Class 10,000 clean room, with film technicians wearing lab coats and lint-less, archival gloves:
- Special room construction insures particulates are kept to a minimum.
- Recirculating air passes through HEPA filters.
- Work stations use Pure Aire cabinets to maintain a clean work environment.
- Clean room certification is met on an annual basis.
Secure, climate-controlled archival vaults
Each vault has been specially constructed to meet archival storage requirements:
- ANSI IT9.11 compliance for controlled temperature and relative humidity.
- Each vault sealed with 5-inch polyurethane foam panels sandwiched with steel.
- Racks secured with anti-tip seismic bracing and archival-orientation film storage.
- Comprehensive bar-coding for location accuracy, with real-time updates provided
via radio frequency scanning.
- Careful monitoring and maintenance by specialized software.
Archive risk management
LAC Group’s vaults are considered the safest in the world against environmental threats like fire or water damage.
- Insulated vault walls and ceilings provide a three-hour fire shell.
- Air is continually sampled by a VESDA system tied to an FM 200 gas fire
- Pre-action (dry pipe) sprinkler systems are installed.
- Support structure was engineered for seismic activity.
LAC Group takes the responsibility of caring for our client’s assets very seriously.
- Entrances are controlled and secured by electronic card key access by authorized employees only.
- Closed circuit cameras monitor building perimeter and strategic interior locations including all vault entrances.
- Cameras are monitored and digitally recorded 24/7/365.
- Management personnel accompany all other persons to sensitive areas.
The cornerstone of our reputation is that we verify and inspect the contents of every container and report our findings to you. No matter what condition you collection is in, it will be enhanced and organized, enabling you to protect your investment and meet all your preservation goals.