John’s extensive experience working for large law firms and legal information vendors includes Thomson Reuters, K&L Gates, and, most recently, Reed Smith LLP, where he was the National Manager of Research Services for almost a decade.
John is very active in the law and law library communities. He has written for numerous regional and national publications as well as taught college and graduate courses in such topics as business ethics, e-commerce, fair employment practices, research methodology and business law. He enjoys talking about technology and leadership to various library organizations and has spoken all over the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.
Available as speaker and reference for:
- Legal research
- Library and research management
- Business research and competitive intelligence
- Team building
- Member of Special Libraries Association and two-time Dana Award recipient
- Member of the American Association of Law Libraries
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief of On Firmer Ground, a blog by and for law firm librarians
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief his own information tech blog, TILT
- Co-editor of Pinhawk Law Librarian Digest