PRO-TEK is once again sponsoring the annual conference of the Association of Moving Image Archivists or AMIA. The 2017 event will be in New Orleans at the InterContinental Hotel on St. Charles.
We invite you to:
- Capture and preserve your AMIA 2017 experience in our photo booth
- Charge your cell phone at one of the power stations we will be sponsoring throughout the show floor—no more hunting for outlets along the perimeter!
Join us for professional networking and personal socializing!
The conference offers many opportunities to network and socialize. From opening night and closing night receptions to continental breakfast to cocktails in the Vendor Café, informal activities are available every day.
Check out the line-up of preservation workshops
We’re not presenting this year, but we will be there to learn about the latest archiving trends, technologies and developments. Following are workshops that look interesting to us:
Wednesday, November 29
- Screening and Q&A with Director Bill Morrison, piecing together the history of over 500 nitrate film prints from the early 1900s.
Thursday, November 30
- The New Preservationists: Documentary Filmmakers are Excavating Rare Media Artifacts to Tell Their Stories, a presentation on digging into global media archives to address the emerging audience for premium historical documentaries.
Friday, December 1
- An Audiovisual Metadata Platform to Support Mass Description will address the need for digitization for purposes of long-term preservation and the need for sufficient metadata to improve access.
Saturday, December 2
- Digital pH Probe Research for Cost Effective Vinegar Syndrome Detection explores the work of the Image Permanence Institute (IPI) to monitor film pH most effectively to detect acid levels.
We look forward to meeting and reconnecting at AMIA 2017 in New Orleans–#amia17