This page will be updated regularly with resources, ideas, tools and services to help our clients and companies in business and law navigate the uncertainties ahead. Like you, we hope to return to business as usual as soon as possible. Meanwhile, together we can safely get past this pandemic.
Protecting and running your business in 2020
Want to receive updates on legal industry developments during this crisis?
Coronavirus-related business articles
Business continuity and risk management
“It is vital to react as fast as possible in order to mitigate impacts…of the COVID-19 pandemic and its possible scenarios.”
- Be ready for a second wave (Compliance Week)
- Research identifies gaps in business continuity planning for mission critical functions (AvidXchange)
- Initial measures and various risks (Deloitte)
- Pandemic planning as part of an overall resilience strategy (KPMG)
“Define scenarios, monitor customers and plan for marketing changes.”
- Insurance scenario planning for the day after coronavirus (Digital Insurance)
- Economic Forecasting In The Age Of Coronavirus (Forbes)
- Adapt Your Marketing Strategy for COVID-19 (Gartner)
New business development
“…our sales process must prioritise establishing the value of solving the customer’s problem…”
– Bob Apollo, founder, Inflexion-Point Strategy Partners
- Support Your Customers: Don’t Stop Selling (Modern Distribution Management)
- 6 Ways to Amp Up Marketing and PR in the Age of COVID-19 (Business.com)
- Establishing Distinctive Value in Challenging Times (Inflexion-Point)
- How to sell during the pandemic (Forbes)
Client retention and relationship management
“Understand profit-peak, profit-draining and profit-desert customers.”
– CFO Magazine
- Ensure Customer Relationships Outlast Coronavirus (Harvard Business Review)
- How To Build Lasting Customer Relationships (Forbes)
- Enhancing legal client relationships through intelligence-led collaboration (LAC webinar recording)
- Coronavirus: Five Rules for Growing Customer Loyalty (CFO Magazine)
Remote workforce management
“If a newly remote employee is clearly struggling but not communicating…ask them how they’re doing.”
– Harvard Business Review
“44% of companies said their annual executive incentive plan has been or will be affected.”
– Willis Towers Watson survey
- Answering HR legal questions about coronavirus (Human Resource Executive)
- HR Under Pressure to Cut Costs? Protect What’s Important (Gartner)
- Employees with Coronavirus (SHRM)
- Comp managers brace for ‘negative business impact’ of coronavirus (HR Dive)
Finance and economy
“The crisis is revealing immediate infrastructure gaps for many businesses.”
- CFOs worry coronavirus may lead to global downturn (Accounting Today)
- What the Federal Reserve has done in the coronavirus crisis (NASDAQ)
- COVID-19 CFO Pulse Survey (PwC)
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (Government of Canada)
Pharma and healthcare
“The pandemic has catalysed the development of novel coronavirus vaccines across the biotech industry.”
– Clinical Trials Arena
- Bill Gates says he’ll spend billions on coronavirus vaccine development (MarketWatch)
- Health insurance premiums could skyrocket (The Hill)
- Pipeline for COVID-19 drugs (Clinical Trials Arena)
- COVID-19 biotech updates (FierceBiotech)
How we can help
Clients have begun contacting us for guidance and support, including how to:
- Keep executive teams up to speed via daily or weekly briefings and alerts.
- Maintain or expand research coverage and fill gaps via remote research.
- Contain costs and reduce waste via spend management monitoring and enhancements.
- Track the impact of COVID-19 on major law firms.
While we hope these engagements are short-term, for now our just-in-time services can help businesses fulfill arising needs and better respond to the uncertainties ahead.