This month, we welcomed a new colleague to our ranks. Geoff McCormack joins LAC as a member of our research and intelligence team, and will work out of LAC’s Canadian office in Moncton, NB.
Geoff is an economist with a global perspective who will bring added depth to our strong bench of professional intelligence analysts. He holds a Ph.D. in economics as well as a master’s degree in political science and has taught economics at the university level in the U.S., China and Canada.
CI + strategic analysis + economics = added value for LAC clients
We are excited to expand our team with Geoff, who will advance our capacity and capabilities in financial and competitive analysis. Our continued investment in the expansion of our services and offerings means we can dig deeper into micro- and macroeconomic data – and deploy more sophisticated, customized economic and financial models.
A senior economist’s perspective on strategic developments, market environments and emerging trends will provide an additional level of insight to our research and competitive intelligence reports.
What are some examples of what this means for our clients? A short, but not exhaustive, list would include:
- Industry level analyses: What’s happening within the industry as a whole. This includes economic drivers and disaggregating industry balance sheets to tease out trends and future directions.
- Broader macroeconomic analysis: Assessing macroeconomic risks such as:
- Rising indebtedness within households (insolvency risk passed on banks and investors)
- Money supply and inflation risks
- Consequences of trade policies, energy policies, etc.
- Stability of financial systems and who holds the leverage
- Competitive analysis: A deeper and more forward-looking analysis of which organizations are most competitive given specific macro and microeconomic factors.
“We’re living through turbulent times – and the world around us is changing rapidly. Understanding emerging patterns in global capitalism is my specialty, and I am excited to be joining LAC’s research and intelligence team where I can put my skills to use in providing targeted insight for our clients.”
Economist and Research Analyst
Putting these capabilities to work for you
Interested in how economic insights can work for you? Contact us to get in touch with a research and intelligence expert.